Bill Payment Questions:
For questions regarding electric bill payments or arrangements, please call the office and speak with one of the representatives.
(1) Pay at the SMEC office located in Rainsville. Cashiers will accept cash, cashier and personal checks, VISA, Discover or MasterCard.
(2) After hours use SMEC’s night deposit located near the drive through window at the headquarters building in Rainsville. Cash payment is not recommended for the night deposit.
(3) Send payments by mail using the self-addressed envelope provided with monthly electric bill statements.
(4) Pay by automatic bank draft. Payment is deducted from a bank account each month.
(5) Pay current electric bills at one of the RPS locations or collection agent listed below.
(6) Click on the Pay Bill Online tab and follow instructions to pay by electronic check, VISA, Discover or MasterCard. An account number and password are required to enter this area. Online payments must be made before 11 p.m., otherwise they will be posted the following business day.
(7) Levelized billing is available for those who qualify.
(8) Download the free SMEC app for iPhone and Android to your mobile device.
(9) Call 1-844-PAY-SMEC anytime (except 11 p.m. until 1 a.m. due to system maintenance) to pay by credit card or e-check. To pay by e-check a check profile must be set up through the website.
Geraldine Geraldine Town Hall (256) 659-2122
Remote Payment System
(RPS Locations accept cash, checks, e-checks, debit and credit cards.)
Collinsville - Piggly Wiggly
Dutton - Reed's Grocery
Fyffe- Fyffe Foodland
Ider - Ider Foodland
Rainsville - Rainsville Foodland
Rosalie - Food Mart
Section - Section Foodland
High Point – Ragnarok Filling Station
Neighbor Helping Neighbor
The “Neighbor Helping Neighbor” program is a community effort among churches, civic groups and SMEC to help families pay for electrical service. It is a simple program where interested members can specify a monthly amount to pledge and then have that amount added to the electric bill. All donations will be used to pay for electricity in SMEC’s service area. Funds are distributed through the local Community Action Neighborhood Centers.