- Turn down your heating system’s thermostat to 68° F or even lower if no one is home for several days.
- Close fireplace damper when not in use.
- Keep curtains opened on the south side of the house and closed on the north side during the day to help keep warm.
- Use area rugs if you have hardwood or tile floors to keep your feet warm.
- Turn up your cooling system’s thermostat to 78° F or even higher if no one is home for several days.
- Keep curtains closed on the south, east and west sides of the house during the day to help keep cool.
- Plant a tree! Shade trees can help keep a home cooler in the summer
For more energy saving tips visit www.energyright.com